You will find that the recipies posted here don't require you to clean up your kitchen walls and floor very much after that.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Philips Airfryer



So, I bought the Philips Viva Airfryer, digital version, at last. It was on promotion in Harvey Norman at RM1,200 with a free double rack, 2 baking pans and 1 grill pan. I wanted white but after some warning on discoloration, I decided to be practical.

It took me a lot of research to decide on this one instead of the Tefal Airfryer. I reckon Philips won because the Tefal paddle had too many bad reviews and the baking capability of the Philips. My decision to buy or not reached a point where even hubby could not keep track if I wanted it anymore or not.

The first thing I did when I brought back my Viva was to put away the toaster oven I had. That space is now consumed by my Viva.

The first thing I cooked with my Viva was roti prata and banana. It did not turn out as well as expected. And as advised, I will need to get to know my Viva better before I get thumbs up results.

My 2nd dish from the Viva was fried fish. I halved my fish length wise so I had only one side of skin to crisp. Worked well with the Viva since I could put it on the grill pan (the grill pan giving more allowance to space within the fryer) and oil and salt only the top part of the fish. I put it at 200 degrees for 15 min. Flesh turned out still moist, skin was paper crisp. And near the fish stomach area, I could even munch through the fish bones.

What I loved best about my Viva is that it allows me to put the dish in and walk away. I don't have to contend with the heat and standing there to watch the dish cook. So, in the 15 minutes, I managed to at least get my washing chores done and then enjoy dinner.

Now....what else is on my list to cook? Let me see....

1 comment:

  1. Check out this best air fryer review In 2016 to pick a right one for you. BRAND, PRICE and consider CONS are the keys to a lucid decision. Cilck Here

    ReplyDelete